Things do not look good for Aaron Hernandez. He has been arrested for the murder of Odin Lloyd, who played for the Boston Bandits. Lloyd was 27.
What we believe we know so far:
- Hernandez and Lloyd had a fight at a Boston nightclub earlier in the week.
- A rental car in Hernandez’s name was found near the body of Lloyd about a mile from Hernandez’s home, and a shell casing was found inside of it.
- There is alleged video of Hernandez leaving his home with weapons earlier that night
- 5 shots were heard around 3:30 in the morning
- There is alleged video of Hernandez returning home with weapons shortly thereafter
- Hernandez’s home surveillance equipment and phone were intentionally destroyed (or at least were attempted to be destroyed).
- Hernandez is being charged with first-degree murder for the “orchestrated execution of Odin Lloyd.
The Patriots released Hernandez and gave the following statement: “A young man was murdered last week and we extend our sympathies to the family and friends who mourn his loss. Words cannot express the disappointment we feel knowing that one of our players was arrested as a result of this investigation. We realize that law enforcement investigations into this matter are ongoing. We support their efforts and respect the process. At this time, we believe this transaction is simply the right thing to do.”
Needless to say, Hernandez is no longer in the TE rankings. We extend our condolences to the friends & family of Odin Lloyd.